Monday, July 2, 2007

Writing to you from Baton Rouge, LA!


Dear Noah or Kira,
Today, I'm writing to you from Baton Rouge, LA. I'm with your big brother and your Dad, and we've stopped for the evening at a local hotel on the way to see our "Gammy" in Portland, TX. We've spent all day in the car, and I have had a lot of time to think about you.
I suppose the most important thing that I've had to think about is getting used to your new names. Right now, it is very difficult for me to think of you as "Noah" or "Kira" instead of "Colin" or "Katie", but I am sure that with time, it will become easier and easier to remember the correct names. I just hope that these new names won't have to change anymore!
Personally, I can't wait for the day when we know what gender you are, so that we can drop the extra name. Your Daddy and I disagree about whether or not we should know ahead of time whether you are a boy or a girl. I would like to know what name you are going to be called, so that I can help get your big brother, Ian, used to the idea of having you in our home. Your Daddy doesn't want to know what gender you are, because he wants to be "surprised". ICK! I hate WAIT, and I definitely hate SURPRISES! Besides, if you are a girl - I have A LOT more things to get ready for you! I'd like to know ahead of time so that I can buy some girl clothes if you are a girl. Girl clothes are sooooooo cute. Your grandmothers will go CRAZY buying you clothes if you are a girl. If you are a boy - you've got it made, because I have saved every stitch of clothing that your brother has ever worn. We'll have no problem finding a Cowboys, Braves, Bulldogs, or Volunteers outfit for you to wear. That'll make all of your aunts and uncles very happy.
Love,
Mommy

No comments: