Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Brother or a Sister?

Dear Noah or Kira,

Well, it looks like we're in luck. When your Daddy and I asked your almost-four-year-old brother, Ian, if he'd rather have a brother or a sister, he thought for a moment and said, "I want a brother AND a sister." So, we've got you covered. You'll be happy to know that Ian just wants another sibling to play with, and isn't really concerned with your specific gender. At some point, maybe your Dad and I will be able to provide the other half of Ian's request. We'll see.

I know that your Daddy doesn't want to know what you are going to be, but I can't wait to find out. I especially want to know if you are a girl, because I want to go out and buy all the cute little girly things that I don't have. I do have one thing for you already, if you are a girl - like I think that you are! I bought a very tiny pink beaded bracelet that will fit you when you are just a tiny baby. Your Mommy LOVES jewelry, and this bracelet will be so precious for you to wear. If you are a boy, then I will have to think of something else, obviously. Your Daddy never wears jewelry, so that's out. I didn't get anything except maybe a small teddy bear for Ian when he was born. I will have to look for something a little more "boyish". Maybe J & D can help me out with this one. (I need some ideas, here!)

You should know that we think of you and pray for you every single day. We also hold up your birthparents, J & D in our prayers as well. Our sweet little Ian prays for you each night. He is already such a good big brother.

God bless you, sweet baby.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: