Saturday, August 25, 2007

Humbled to be chosen, and, THREE MORE DAYS!!!



I am SO excited that I can barely think of anything else. I wake up and go to sleep with Baby Noah or Kira on my mind. I can't imagine what it will be like after we know for sure whether we will be adding a son or a daughter to our family. I just can't wait!!! And, this is so special to me, because, if I were able to have a biological child, Jim would not have "allowed" me to find out the sex of the baby - so this is pretty much the only way that I would have ever found out the sex of one of our children BEFORE it is born! I keep imagining little chubby cheeks and brown eyes and dark hair. Even though I predict pink to be added to our household palette, I will be JUST as happy to welcome a little boy into our family. When I am out and about in our community, I see the pregnant bellies and the infants all around me, and I stop to imagine what Noah or Kira is looking like right now, and what he/she might look like in the future. I imagine teaching him/her all of the things that Jim and I have so lovingly taught Ian. I think about what it will be like to finally have him/her home with us - we won't be getting much sleep, but we will be perfectly happy. I won't complain at all. This baby is such a miracle, and I am in awe EVERYDAY that God knew just the right time to pull a miracle out of His hat for Jim and me. We are eternally grateful to J & D. We can't wrap our heads around their feelings, but we are so thankful to them for choosing life, and for choosing us to parent their child. Thank you (FOREVER), J & D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: